Bordeaux Canelés french pastry recipe
- Thermomix® - Food processor or whisk
- 500 g Milk whole cream
- 150 g Flour mixed with sugar
- 250 g Sugar mixed with the flour
- 2 pcs Egg yolks
- 40 to 50 ml Rum
- 1 pc Vanilla pod cut lengthwise
- 30 g Butter plus extra for the mould
- Scrape the bean paste of the vanilla bean with a sharp knife and reserve the skin.
- Place milk, butter, and vanilla paste in the bowl - warm it up for 8 min - 98C - speed 1.5 (the milk must be very hot)
- Mix 20 seconds - speed 3.5 and add the eggs as the blade is turning.
- Mix 60 seconds - speed 3.5 and add the flour + sugar mixture one spoon at a time.
- Mix 20 seconds - speed 3.5 and add the 50 ml of rum.
- Transfer to a container, add the reserved pod, and let rest overnight for at least 12h. You can even rest longer (24h) this will give even more flavor to the dough as the aroma develops.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and let it warm up to room temperature.
- Grease mould with extra butter.
- Fill up the mould to 3⁄4 only.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 220c and then reduce temperature to 180C and continue to bake for another 50 minutes (you can even bake longer if you want them darker).
from the sugar