One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- chopping knife
- large cooking
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc jalapeno minced (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth (chicken broth)
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed (15-ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ground black pepper salt and freshly, to taste
- 1 pc avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 pc lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (coriander) leaves chopped fresh replace by fresh parsley if you prefer
One pan Mexican quinoa:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet (pan) over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook.
- Stir frequently until fragrant for about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable/chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chilli powder and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through about 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.