Christmas Vanilla Crescents - VanilleKipferl
- Thermomix® - Food processor or whisk
- 250 g Flour
- 200 g Butter cut in pieces
- 100 g Almond Flour
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Icing Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
Vanilla Icing Sugar for coating
- 50 g Sugar
- 1/2 Vanilla pod
- Place 50 g of sugar and 1 vanilla pod in the dry mixing bowl - blend 20 sec / speed 10 (repeat if vanilla pod is not fully blended). Remove from the bowl and reserve. Do not rinse the bowl.
- Place the butter, sugar, flour, 1 tsp vanilla icing sugar, salt and almond flour in the bowl and mix for 15 sec / speed 5 / Reverse. Add extra 5 sec if needed but dough should not be sticky.
- Place the dough on a floured surface or on your thermomat and form a smooth ball with your hands.
- Shape the dough into rolls, cut into pieces 4 to 5 cm long, roll the ends a little thinner, shape into crescent (moon).
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 7-8 minutes (200 ° C) or until the edges start to color.
- Remove the crescents from the oven and set them to cool a bit on a cooling tray. They will be very soft when out of the oven. Wait until they harden a bit then roll them delicately with a tablespoon in the vanilla icing sugar to coat them.
- Serve and enjoy!