Coconut Marinated Fish Salad
This salad originates from Tahiti, French Polynesia. It can be done with different fish types but I prefer to use tuna or salmon. It can be served as a main dish, but it makes a great starter.
Servings: 4 portions
- 800 grm Tuna Raw, diced in 1cm cubes
- 250 ml Coconut Milk
- 8 pce Lime Juiced
- 1 pce Red Onion diced small
- 1 pce Capsicum diced, 1 cm pieces
- 1 pce Tomato diced, 1 cm pieces
- 1 pce Cucumber diced, 1 cm pieces
- 1 handfull Coriander chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 sprig Coriander for garnish
Marinating the fish
- In a bowl (or a silicone ziplock) add lime juice to the diced fish. Mix well and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
Assembling the salad
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- When fish marinade time is complete, drain lime juice from fish (keep some juice aside to add to the salad).
- Add fish to the coconut milk & vegetables preparation and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper as well as the reserved lime juice.
- Serve cold with some coriander garnish on top
You can also add some chopped spring onions as garnish and serve in a half coconut shell.