Gratinée Onion Soup
The onion soup is a very classic dish of French cuisine. Often served at mariages or new year eve, after a long night of partying, as it is said to help recover. Onions contain vitamins, antioxydants and minerals. They are known to be good for blood circulation, respiratory and nervous system. They are antiseptic and have anti-inflammatory properties too.
Servings: 4 serves
- 25 gr Butter
- 20 gr Flour
- 500 gr Brown Onion peeled, cut in half
- 200 gr White wine
- 700 gr Water
- Stock beef or chicken
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 pces Bread slices toasted
- Cheese grated - Emmental/ swiss
Gratinée Onion soup:
- Place butter in Thermomix® bowl and cook 3 min/ 90℃ / Speed 1Traditional cooking: Place butter in a pan and melt on slow fire
- Add the onions and blend 6 sec/ Speed 4.5Traditional cooking: Add finely sliced onions
- Cook 10 mn/ 120℃/ Reverse ↺ / Speed 1Traditional cooking: Stir fry for about 10 min on medium fire, until the onions become soft and golden
- Add Flour and blend for 8 sec/ Reverse ↺ / Speed 3
- Add wine, water, stock, salt and pepper and cook 30 min/ 100℃/ Reverse ↺ / Speed 1.
- While the soup cooks, preheat over 200℃
- Once soup is cooked, transfer to a large or individual oven proof recipient
- Lay the bread over the soup, and cover the top of soup and bread with the grated cheese
- Set oven to grill position 200℃ and grill for about 5 minutes (until the cheese melts and starts to show brown patches).
- Voilà, it is ready to serve !
- Ideally use sliced baguette bread.