This pesto rosso is vegan, using cashew nuts instead of cheese. It taste fantastic and goes well with veggie sticks as a dip or with pastas or zoodles.
- 100 gr Cashew nuts Soaked for 4 hours
- 25 gr basil Fresh, leaves only
- 120 gr Olive Oil
- 30 gr Pine nuts
- 120 gr Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tsp Salt
- 25 gr Roasted capsicum (optional)
- In a food processor blend the soaked, rinsed and strained cashew nuts for 15-20 seconds (Thermomix® 15 sec/ speed 10)
- Add all the other ingredients and blend for another 20-25 seconds or until desired texture. (Thermomix® 20 sec/ speed 6-7)
- It is ready to serve or if you want to keep it in the fridge, transfer to a glass container and cover the top of the pesto with 1/4 cm layer of olive oil to avoid oxydation.